By P. Szwarc
Queijadinha: a classic Brazilian treat
Queijadinha is a classic Brazilian dessert and might be one of the easiest and most delicious sweets I have ever tried! Try out this recipe at home and enjoy some sweetness these holidays!
· Baking tray (preferably a 30cm x 22cm tray)
· Small bowl
· 4 eggs
· 200 ml of milk 2
· 200 ml of coconut milk
· 2 tablespoons of butter
· 2 and ½ cups of sugar
· 50g of grated Parmesan cheese
· 50g of grated coconut
· 1 cup of wheat flour or gluten free flour
· 1 tablespoon of baking powder
Note: the original recipe is made with wheat flour instead of gluten free, however I’ve tried both recipes and they taste pretty much identical. If you or your family members have any gluten restrictions, this recipe is perfect!
1) Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2) First, crack your eggs in a small bowl.
3) Then, in a blender, add your eggs, milk, butter, coconut milk and sugar.
4) Blend until the mixture is smooth.
5) In the same blender, add your cheese, coconut and whichever flour you are using,
6) Blend again until the mixture is smooth.
7) Add your baking powder and mix it gently using a spoon until there are no visible chunks. Now, your batter is done!
8) Grease your baking tray with butter and then coat it with your flour of choice.
9) Lastly, pour your batter on the baking tray.
10) Leave it baking for 40 minutes or until the surface of the queijadinha is golden brown.
11) Carefully remove your queijadinha from the oven and enjoy!
This is the final result! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!